Black on black

wud

Done in studio a while ago, as I remember, 2 lamps, one on each side of the dog.

Nikon 105mm 2.8
iso 200, f/8, 1/125

Would appreciate some feedback to know if there is anything I could improve. Hoping to do more like this.

kuuna_1859_ny_web.jpg

480sparky

Personally, I'd back up a bit so more of the right ear is there. It may not be visible, but the brain puts an entire ear there whether it shows in the image or not, and it appears to be cut off.

I'd also aim the camera up a bit, lowering the dog in the frame. Not much. Just enough to put some 'space' in the image for the dog to look in to.

Other than those minor changes, I think you did a wonderful job, not only with the lighting, but the dog's look as well as PP.

wud

See your point about the ear. Thanks :) Actually it's cropped a little bit so I do have the entire ear.

Mike D90

Personally, I'd back up a bit so more of the right ear is there. It may not be visible, but the brain puts an entire ear there whether it shows in the image or not, and it appears to be cut off.

I'd also aim the camera up a bit, lowering the dog in the frame. Not much. Just enough to put some 'space' in the image for the dog to look in to.

Other than those minor changes, I think you did a wonderful job, not only with the lighting, but the dog's look as well as PP.

I like that idea. Mai, I took the liberty, hope its ok.

kuuna_1859_ny_web_edited.jpg

RON_RIP

Well the thing about a good photo is you can tweak this way or that and it's still a great photo. This is a very good photo so maybe if you want to make changes you could part your hair on the other side or something. Just sayin

Nathan Lanni

I like your original crop but maybe a bit wider on the left side for the ear. Otherwise, I agree with you the latest one above there's too much space. FWIW