Print orders NOT through Zenfolio or alike

wud

Does anyone use contact sheet or something similar, for customers to order print? How do you let them know which sizes and different options for material are available??

RON_RIP

Does anyone use contact sheet or something similar, for customers to order print? How do you let them know which sizes and different options for material are available??

That is a hard question. I keep a portfolio of photos I have taken and printed at different sizes and with different papers to show them. I hold, of course that certain photo should be printed at a specific size that compliments that photo, and I try to suggest these sizes to the client, but of course, you often have to defer to their wishes. If you have their photos loaded onto a laptop or pad with a basic editor you could then show them how a photo would look at a particular size and aspect ratio. Do not show them un-edited photos.

Krs_2007

I know nations photo has has templates for that, but not sure if they ship to your part of the world. You could see the options they have and look for someone local.

i personally just started looking at this so can't help more than that.

wud

My problem is, I don't sit down with costumers to decide which print to order. We do it all by mail or phone. But I had severals who dont like using Zenfolio and I feel I am missing out on some service, just redirecting people for this site.

I was going to create a similar page as ZF in danish, but having second thoughts now.

Of course I could list all the available choices on my website but for ordering but I think it'll be to confusing for my costumers to write it all in a mail..? Some only choose a few different prints, but some want a lot of different sizes for several images, for them there should be a easier way?

My "high score" are a customer ordering 63 prints (from 12-13 pictures).