1 V3 dissected by DxOMark

Rick M

It is a major disappointment. I'll wait to pass judgement until I see some user results. Why put it out if they couldn't at least match the current Sony 1"!

DraganDL

I said it before and I reapeat it now (sorry if I'm bothering any of my respectable colleagues): Nikon made, at least, two great strategic mistakes, and it is not just a coincidence that both share the same origin - a desire to "jump into the (already) overcrowded train". First one is called "let's compete in a high quality pocket sized camera category" (and overtake the crown from Canon's "G" series) which resulted in a failure called P7000/7100. The second one: Nikon 1 (a camera line-up that stand no chances against PEN/PanasonicG, NEX, and now even Canon M).
So what if tomorrow, out of desperation or whatever reason Canon and Olympus start producing chocolates? Is Nikon obliged to start producing just EVERYTHING that it's rivals produce? Nikon with hazelnuts? No thanks, I'd rather have some "Nestle"...

It is sad to see how one of the greatest photo-companies ever, can be so stubborn and vain as to keep it's course even when it is clear (even to that company) that the course is wrong...

Last edited:

Rick M

The frustrating part to me is why put it out if your not going to take it to the next level? The Nikon 1 lenses are fantastic, they need a body to match!

Phillydog1958

It is a major disappointment. I'll wait to pass judgement until I see some user results. Why put it out if they couldn't at least match the current Sony 1"!

Yep. I agree, Rick . . . The jury is sort of still out. I look forward to seeing user reviews, before passing final judgement.