Calibrate your Lens & Camera for Perfect Focus

MPSanSouci

Good Day to All!

I've had my D5200 for just about a year now and I'm loving it. I've also been reading and doing a lot of research on calibrating my lens and my camera together. I understand that once the lens is calibrated using my D5200, the settings will be remembered, so when I switch lenses, the calibration will automatically be 'put-in-place' for that particular lens.

1st .. I was looking to purchase one of these ..

Since the Mrs. and I have the same camera body, I thought that this would be a good purchase.

The other quest is .. where do I make these adjustments on a D5200?

I've read articles and watched videos on how to make the adjustments, but cannot find the 'section/area' on my D5200. Apparently, the settings are under the [Setup Menu] section under [AF fine-tune]. I'm I just not seeing this?

Comments .. Suggestions .. and any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael

kluisi

Thanks Fish .. I think?!?!?

At least you saved me about $70 .. ;~O

As always .. Greatly Appreciated!!!

Michael

Actually, I think he may have cost you about $2370 (your new D7100 Body - $1150, your wife's new D7100 Body - $1150, and the Calibration tool above - $70) when you get NAS and figure out that you need to be able to calibrate your autofocus so you update your cameras to the 7100.

weebee

Actually, I think he may have cost you about $2370 (your new D7100 Body - $1150, your wife's new D7100 Body - $1150, and the Calibration tool above - $70) when you get NAS and figure out that you need to be able to calibrate your autofocus so you update your cameras to the 7100.

I'm sure he wanted to hear that! :)

MPSanSouci

you may have me confused with a very good friend of mine who just purchased a new D7100.

I only have my D5200s .. hence the posting on this thread .. and cannot afford even a single d7100 camera body.

but thanks for the concern! ;~D

Michael