Anyone know???

kayte

Ok, I may have gotten a bit of shopper's excitement but who knows...I will let you guys let me know.

I was wandering Ebay and found a Sigma 28mm prime lens (Sigma 28mm F2.8 mini wide II lens for Nikon AIS was the title) for $54, shipping included. It was used and stated it was in 8/10 for condition (few minor ascthetic issues but it works well). Am I getting a deal or was I so had by what seemed like a good deal or not???

Anyways, any help would be great. Either way, going to give the lens a chance before passing judgement. It could turn to be a great lens, no matter.

Browncoat

Sometimes you get lucky and find a good deal. I got a Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 prime for $78 brand spanking new. Aside from yours being eBay, and you might end up with a scratched lens, nothing seems fishy here.

Congrats!

fotojack

Ok, I may have gotten a bit of shopper's excitement but who knows...I will let you guys let me know.

I was wandering Ebay and found a Sigma 28mm prime lens (Sigma 28mm F2.8 mini wide II lens for Nikon AIS was the title) for $54, shipping included. It was used and stated it was in 8/10 for condition (few minor aesthetic issues but it works well). Am I getting a deal or was I so had by what seemed like a good deal or not???

Anyways, any help would be great. Either way, going to give the lens a chance before passing judgement. It could turn to be a great lens, no matter.

Sweet deal!! Sometimes you just get lucky! :) Nice, Kayte. :)

kayte

OH fotojack.....off topic here, sorry, but lens hood will be in the mail next week- I PROMISE!!!! that is all :)

as for the lens, thanks guys. I feel better. just want to get it here and try it out, lol, itching to use it and see what I got quality wise...

Last edited by a moderator:

kayte

ok got the lens but my d40 says 'no lens attached' when it is...I've put the apertuare ring to the highest setting, it clicks when I attach it....any other ideas what is causing this????

kayte

never mind, figured it out. Have to have it on Manual, as it's older. I don't mind...rather manual focus then auto, you get better photos. OHHHH so excited- it's def worth the little money I put out on it ;)