Difference between D90 and D5000

evan

Banned
the d90 is much more of a photographers camera. more features, easily accessable functions, cls, built in motor, more robust. the d5000 is more of a glorified point and shoot. (not a bad camera for a beginner but easily outgrown).,,,,,, the d90 does have video, i think it was the first dslr to do so?

evan

Banned
discontinued or not, many people such as students and people looking for an introduction to photography on a budget will still see the need for threads such as this for reference. since when were these forums purely aimed at the "must have the latest kit" brigade? if a camera took acceptable images and proved to be a worthy piece of kit two years ago it will do so for a few more years. a well composed, quality image taken with a d100 in 2003 will not look that much different to the same image taken today with a more advanced camera if shown at a sensible size.

Eye-level

Banned
With all due respect the D5000 is way more than a glorified point and shoot. First off I can't think of any P&S that can use every F mount lens made since the start. Your D7000 cannot do that as you can't mount the non Ai's (although I've been told you can take off the gunsight and use them but I dunno about that) D5000 will do video also. It also has the same sensor that the D90 carries. As far as outgrowing the D5000...I don't see how unless you want the magnesium body and inboard AF motor. It is 12 MP which IMHO is more than enough for good snaps even if you are taking them out to 18X20 prints. Glorified P&S? Come on give me a break.

Eye-level

Banned
Hey Evan it is a D-S-L-R...look it up sir. And frankly I don't see a single image in your 241 images that I couldn't make just as well with a D5000...

evan

Banned
well. slr means single lens reflex, the principle is the same if the camera is 35mm film or digital. ......if you can make them,why not take them? i am sure all of your two images are very nice,,,,, if you are easily pleased, or retarded. but then i suppose your mommy said they were very good.

Last edited:

Eye-level

Banned
Yes and the D5000 is a SLR...

I bet you wouldn't say anything about my mom to my face sucker! In fact why don't you shut your cock holster...LOL

Dave_W

The Dude
Eye-Level, don't waste your time. This guy has a massive inferiority complex and has been trying to start something for awhile now. He's PM'ed me some very childish messages trying to get a rise out of me and my guess is he's sent others similar messages. So I wouldn't bother with him anymore, he'll manage to get himself kicked off the board soon enough.

Eye-level

Banned
I'm all over it sir thanks for the support!

I bet the Guinness is flowing hard and heavy in glamorgan wherever that is...

Oh Wales...that explains it...he is just still pissed off that England conquered his land and turned them into Great Britain! LOL

Last edited:

evan

Banned
ah, the two retards respond, how fitting. ......two big ugly heads get together, how cool. and somehow retarded. ha ha. i think you guys are great.you would make a beautiful couple a good source of ridicule. by the way, i was born in chicago!

Last edited:

evan

Banned
you would make a perfect couple. the californian big-mouth and the balding oklahoma homo, how sweet. maybe fate has brought you together. i hope you .have a long and happy relationship,,,,,,,if your mommy approves that is! lol, have a nice life dudes!