Whitby Abbey (UK)

SteveH

Here are a few pics I took the other week, during a day out in Whitby, North Yorkshire.
The abbey is a great place to take pictures, and also the home of Dracula (He wasn't home when we called!!)

Attachments

• _DSC0188.jpg
    _DSC0188.jpg
    390.9 KB · Views: 72
  • _DSC0198.jpg
    _DSC0198.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 64
  • _DSC0236.jpg
    _DSC0236.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 75
  • _DSC0237.jpg
    _DSC0237.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 153-4-5_mantiuk06_.jpg
    153-4-5_mantiuk06_.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 159-60-61_mantiuk06.jpg
    159-60-61_mantiuk06.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 162-3-4mantiuk06_.jpg
    162-3-4mantiuk06_.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 72

SteveH

Magnificent building and great shots Steve

Thanks Lawrence, it was my first time outside the house with the D7100 + 35mm, so I was quite snap happy! We're planning on going back soon so I will get more... We're lucky here to have places like this to get pictures..... This abbey is around 800 years old, and sat on a cliff top over looking a lovely harbour and the sea.

Lawrence

Thanks Lawrence, it was my first time outside the house with the D7100 + 35mm, so I was quite snap happy! We're planning on going back soon so I will get more... We're lucky here to have places like this to get pictures..... This abbey is around 800 years old, and sat on a cliff top over looking a lovely harbour and the sea.
Yes you are very lucky with the history you have over there. New Zealand is a very young country by comparison. Anything built yesterday is declared a heritage site! :)
Having a D7100 must be great but a learning curve too much for me at this stage. The D5100 is challenge (and fun, and good) enough for me at this stage.
Keep the photos of historical buildings coming.

Vixen

Great shots Steve. Lucky you living in such a beautiful part of England :). Nothing so impressive in Australia either.

Geoffc

We love Whitby and that whole coast. We drove over from Manchester a few months ago just for fish and chips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SteveH

It is funny how we forget what is on our doorsteps. I live around 40 miles away from Whitby and hadn't been for maybe 7-8 years! Over the summer we have promised ourselves we'll visit these place more often, so I'll get lots more.

Thanks for looking :)

mikew_RIP

It is funny how we forget what is on our doorsteps. I live around 40 miles away from Whitby and hadn't been for maybe 7-8 years! Over the summer we have promised ourselves we'll visit these place more often, so I'll get lots more.

Thanks for looking :)

The first place on my must get back to is Bempton