image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpg

Te he blue one was my first attempt
the pink was my second
any feed back appreciated

BackdoorArts

Nice photos. #3 seems a little hot while the last in the series is a little dark. I'm also getting too much wash where the light to the right is hitting the gift paper backdrop. Maybe some select burning or brush tool edits need be applied?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I prefer the blue background because I find the pink one makes it hard to see the baby's contours. Maybe with a different post processing (little darker?). My favorite pic is the one of the baby laughing.

Krs_2007

Blue background for sure and a few seem really bright (hot). Do you calibrate your monitor? If not I would suggest getting one it really helped my photos.

Cute photos, really like the idea if I had to pick on something other than what is mentioned for babies I really like to see both feet and not have one cut off at the ankle. I know this is ok in some situations, but for babies we always like to see feet and toes.

Nice job

QueenB

Thanks for the feedback so far
The children had very different personalities so I went for bright and fun for the boy as he is a cheeky monkey and pale and calm for the girl as she is timid and shy

TonyD315

I think they turned out great. I am planning on doing some first birthday shots for some friends of mine and I was wondering if you have any tips or tricks? I've never shot kids before, so I think it might be a little bit of a challenge. Is there any advice you can give me in terms of camera settings, flash, etc? I'm thinking I'll have to shoot in burst mode, I've read that's the best for shooting kids...