Flash Pot

Hello!

Not only am I new to the forum I am new to DSLR photography.

I have owned so many point and shoot cameras I can't even begin to guess how many nor how much was invested (wasted?)

After a ton of research, so much so that I literally gave myself a headache, I have decided on the Nikon D3100. I should receive it by the weekend if UPS plays nice.

I have always admired great photographs and always told myself it was something I could do, but I also didn't want to invest the time or money to do so. Quite the quandary huh?

I picked the D3100 for 2 reasons. 1. The reviews have been outstanding. It seemed every website that specializes in photography raved about this camera being the best in the entry level class. 2. Price - I did not want to invest heavily in something I am so nervous about. I was able to get this camera factory refurbished for $349 and also add the 55mm-200mm Nikon VR lens (also factory refurbished) for $119. So for a total of less than $470 I think I have a decent setup... For a newbie!

I'm looking forward to gleaning information from all the folks here and hope I can accomplish my goal of taking great photos!

Bill16

Welcome to nikonites! I think you'll have a blast with your new Nikon, and I hope you'll love it here with us Nikon fans! :D