Portrait Professional

jengajoh

I read all good reviews on this program, I am wondering if anyone here has used it, and if so what do you think? Version 10 is on sale for $39.95 and usually it's $89.95. Currently I do not have a program that is good for portraits. Or maybe you have other suggestions for portrait software, that won't cost me an arm and a leg.

Portrait Professional

ohkphoto

Snow White
Jen, I use it whenever I do client portraits. It's a fabulous program and I recommend it highly . . . one more tool for your digital toolbox!

Ranie

jen - i use portrait professional too. its fast and easy. although i use photoshop most of the time, its better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have one. $39.95 seems very fair for such powerful portrait tool. saves you a lot of time. i highly recommend it.

Browncoat

...although i use photoshop most of the time...

That addresses what I was going to ask....if any Photoshop users thought this was a useful tool, considering the huge arsenal of CS5. Do you find yourself using Portrait Pro for tasks you could accomplish in Photoshop, just because it's easier/faster with Portrait Pro?

Ranie

Anthony, if you do process a lot of portraits, the program (Portrait Professional) really really helps you a lot. Its very easy and straightforward. Yes, Portrait Pro can accomplish tasks made by Photoshop at some degree. But for very fine details and other manipulations, Photoshop should be used.

Ruidoso Bill

I also use it whenever I do portraits. It does a great job and is so fast. I don't remember what I paid for mine, $69 sounds right for some reason.

Last edited:

johnwartjr

Do you guys use the 'regular' or 'studio' version?

The difference is 20 bucks, so it's not astronomical.

NAPP members get another 10% off, and I am a NAPP member, so that is nice.