Server move in progress!

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
The site is currently being moved to the new larger server! This was able to happen a little earlier than I expected, so I apologize for the short notice.

You may see some photos and/or posts that will not make it over. I did my best to not lose any data in the switch.

You may also see some things not working while the internet updates, please be patient with this. If you want to see if you're viewing the site on the new server, go to start > run, type cmd, (or if win 7+ just type cmd in the search) and then type "ping nikonites.com". If the IP that appears ends with 146 you're in luck :)

This should be the last move in a long while since this server has more than enough power for the traffic of this and my site other sites.

wev

Contributor
Ping does end with 146, but no joys -- can't post, can't search, can't load past posts.

Bide time, bide time, bide . . .

wev

Contributor
Well, I got the pictures to post, but I see nothing in the finished posts, but my idle chatter. Do you see any images?

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
image uploads should now work

thumbnails are also being resized to 600 max wide and getting exif data applied if they have it available :)

Scott Murray

I am having issues like datatbase error when trying to access my profile, main forum link, notifications. I also cannot upload images at present. I will wait and give it a few days.

Scott Murray

I am having issues like datatbase error when trying to access my profile, main forum link, notifications. I also cannot upload images at present. I will wait and give it a few days.

Oh and if I go to edit a post I just made I also get database errors.

Scott Murray

TEST - Seems to be working :)

SHM_3681.jpg

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Everyone should now be on the new server. If you aren't then uploading will probably not work. Try clearing your cache or using a different browser.