500px Prime - 70% to the photographer

TattooedMac

And this can only be a good thing. Competition, between Licensing sites can only be good for us, the contributors and the ones who do the hard yards in the field.

Good on you 500px, thanks for listening.

TattooedMac

Facebook is becoming a worse and worse options for pro photographers.

Facebook is for the Kids or to catch up with friends ONLY now. It not a place for a Business with the amount of 'Bots' out there that post absolute crap on a Business page, its a full time job trying to remove it. I started up a page and within 2 weeks I had to shut it down, because I couldn't keep up with "Richards" posting spam on their, and FB didn't want to know and didn't shut any of them down.
Its all revenue for FB now, the more people they get there. We need a clean place and 500px could well be it . . . Betty who ?

Nero

Facebook is for the Kids or to catch up with friends ONLY now. It not a place for a Business with the amount of 'Bots' out there that post absolute crap on a Business page, its a full time job trying to remove it. I started up a page and within 2 weeks I had to shut it down, because I couldn't keep up with "Richards" posting spam on their, and FB didn't want to know and didn't shut any of them down.
Its all revenue for FB now, the more people they get there. We need a clean place and 500px could well be it . . . Betty who ?
Bots yes but also people who pay for likes. Too many of both. I only have my page open as a place for my friends to check out my work. If my friends had switched with me to G+ I'd close my FB.

TattooedMac

gregc

Okay I disagree with that notion that you cant do business at places like Facebook. At the end of the day what we do is really about access to people that have potential dollars to spend. With that said one can certainly build a base from people that frequent places like facebook. Yes there are kids there, but there are an awful lot of adults logging in as well. The more your name is seen the higher the odds that a person remembers and winds up asking for a quote.

Last edited:

wud

Okay I disagree with that notion that you cant do business at places like Facebook. At the end of the day what we do is really about access to people that have potential dollars to spend. With that said one can certainly build a base from people that frequent places like facebook. Yes there are kinds there, but there are an awful lot of adults logging in as well. The more your name is seen the higher the odds that a person remembers and winds up asking for a quote.

I think the problem with FB is, they want you to pay for your posts to be seen (if you have a page), even though I got 500 likes on mine, sometimes only 100 have seen a post I did. If I pay, FB will make sure everybody sees it.

Nero

Okay I disagree with that notion that you cant do business at places like Facebook. At the end of the day what we do is really about access to people that have potential dollars to spend. With that said one can certainly build a base from people that frequent places like facebook. Yes there are kinds there, but there are an awful lot of adults logging in as well. The more your name is seen the higher the odds that a person remembers and winds up asking for a quote.
You more the more you pay Facebook for fake likes the more your name gets out there.

gregc

I think the problem with FB is, they want you to pay for your posts to be seen (if you have a page), even though I got 500 likes on mine, sometimes only 100 have seen a post I did. If I pay, FB will make sure everybody sees it.

Ohh I agree. When I looked at that option they wanted like $10.00 per day for me to play demographics access game...lol Heeeeeckk no!! But to have a page you don't have to pay anything at all. What it does give you is a presence, which is something in my opinion that we can't have too much of. Not sure why only one hundred would see a post other than FB is doing something sneaky maybe.

gregc

You more the more you pay Facebook for fake likes the more your name gets out there.

I have no idea whether or not FB is offering fake likes. I only deal with those people that are on my list and didn't take the option to give FB my dollars to be seen in a broader spectrum. Anyone of us can have a business presence on FB for no money at all if we choose to do so. :)