om 24mm miranda lens

foo

Hi all , Well I did use mostly legacy lenses on my old Olympus Epl1 , but since purchasing the Nikon 5200 not sure if I can use this lens anymore.
I have found a adapter for it on Amazon which looks promising and just not sure if it will meter correctly in manual mode .
Any help or advice would be fabulous. Thanks guys.
I really do not want to lose this lens .

foo

I do think there is a way to use these lenses tho , as aperture is controlled outside the camera, and can be used in M mode .
Iso can be adjusted which would alter shutter speed as well so there may be a way after all.

I have a lot of old very good OM lenses. I have done the research on using them and it is not worth the trouble. Also I have heard a few instances of damage. There is not a straight click on adapter there there is for many camera/lens combos.

Stick with Nikon brand or Lenses specifically for Nikon.

foo

fotodox make a straight fit adapter , available on amazon fits on a nikon d3000 so should go on mine to be honest.
A light meter is alls needed as I know from experience what my apertures are and my iso .
Some good Manual lenses out there .
If they damaged the camera the manufacturer woulrd be liable ther is no waiver in the ad .

pedroj

fotodox make a straight fit adapter , available on amazon fits on a nikon d3000 so should go on mine to be honest.
A light meter is alls needed as I know from experience what my apertures are and my iso .
Some good Manual lenses out there .
If they damaged the camera the manufacturer woulrd be liable ther is no waiver in the ad .

If you damage the camera by putting the wrong lens on I think you'll find your warranty will not cover it...I'm almost sure the warranty covers camera faults only.

Last edited: