Self take picture question

scoobychief

This is a fishing related question Hi guys just got myself a new dslr camera and was wondering how to go about taking self takes, I mean I know how to do it etc. but what do you use to focus on etc.. I presume I would set up the tripod ready with camera attached not too far etc... now if I get a fish I have it in the cradle and once im ready for the photo I go to camera set it up and quickly get round pick up fish etc and let the camera fire away and hopefully get a good shot but my question is what do I focus on if im not in front of the camera????.

TedG954

The most important thing to remember when taking pictures of you holding your catch........

be sure to hold the fish out away from your body and toward the lens.

It'll look sooooooo much bigger! :cool:

small-catch-3-0608-lg.jpg

Last edited:

scoobychief

Thanks for all the replies guys, the other day while watching some phtography tutorial on ebay from this chick Oksana easy exposure all her vids are pretty good to be honest she answered my question in one of her self portrait video the best thing to do if no one else is around is just focus the camera on the tripod from where you are going to be kneeling etc lock focus and place it back on tripod job done.

SteveH

Just a quick thought, but the WU-1a wireless adapter can be useful for this type of situation - Have a look and see if it is compatible.
I have one for my D7100, and over a short range it works great.