Descriptions and comments

jacann40

Hi,

Looking at many members images, I find that there are very few descriptions - where they are shot - cameras used, lenses and filters -- f-stops and shutterspeeds and so on.
An image is a lot more interesting if there is a story behind!!:) .
Also I find that Nikonites do not leave comments by the images they are viewing very often --- I like all kind of friendly and constructive comments (good or not so good!) by my shots!!!! :D
Take care - Annie

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
This is one thing I wish would be posted automatically when we insert a picture in a forum as an attachment. It would be nice if the exif file would be there as well. I wonder if this could be done automatically?
As for the comments, well, I have to agree with you on this one.
Marcel

fotojack

Oh I don't know. Every time I see a good shot, I make it a point to comment. I also see a lot of the others making comments on shots posted. I mean, it's not mandatory to leave comments, but for the most part, I think a lot of us do. Sometimes a photo doesn't need a comment....it just stands on its own merits and is enjoyed by the viewer.
If you want specific critique, there's the Photo Critique forum to post to. Scroll down the forum list a bit.....you'll find it. :)
Just my thoughts. :)

Last edited:

jacann40

I know it is not mandatory, and it shouldn't be :D! I looked through a few of the members albums, and I do not find many comments.
It would be nice if more people would tell a little bit about an image, when they are posting it, like where it was shot, or the name of the flower or you know what I mean:) - it kind of enhances the image, if you know more about it - well, it is just a thought!!!!

Annie

Last edited by a moderator:

Curt

Oh I don't know. Every time I see a good shot, I make it a point to comment. I also see a lot of the others making comments on shots posted. I mean, it's not mandatory to leave comments, but for the most part, I think a lot of us do. Sometimes a photo doesn't need a comment....it just stands on its own merits and is enjoyed by the viewer.
If you want specific critique, there's the Photo Critique forum to post to. Scroll down the forum list a bit.....you'll find it. :)
Just my thoughts. :)

Jack you mean you don't think all my shots a good? I don't see you commenting on my Photos....lol

Browncoat

I review many images that are posted in the gallery. I will comment and even rate the ones that really stand out to me, but as a general rule I just browse. I figure if someone wants an opinion on their work, they'll post it in the Critique Forum.

Joseph Bautsch

I review many images pretty much the same way as Anthony. I suppose the moderators, including my self, should do more to encourage our members to make comments and rate photos in the galleries as well as add the EXIF data to any posted photos. It's more a matter of raising the awareness of the membership of the need to do so. It will make a much more interesting and informative site.

fotojack

I review many images that are posted in the gallery. I will comment and even rate the ones that really stand out to me, but as a general rule I just browse. I figure if someone wants an opinion on their work, they'll post it in the Critique Forum.

Yup, that's pretty much what I do, too. And like Anthony said, if a critique is wanted, then it should be posted in the Critique Forum.