D3000 - What exact setting should I set on an event ( Promenade, Graduation Ball )?

Chariss

Hi. I'm new here. May you please me on what exact setting should I set on my camera Nikon D3000 on an event ( Promenade, Graduation Ball )?
I'm going to take photos for my cousin. I'm confuse about it. I want to have good photos when I shoot one. Please help me.

SteveH

Hi,
It is difficult to give an exact setting without knowing more information... What lens do you have with the camera? Is the event inside or outside? What time of day is the event?

Normally, if you are unsure then I would say use the "Auto" setting, however inside if you are more than a couple of meters from the subject, then use the "auto with no flash" setting.

Practice with the camera weeks before the event, and see what results you get inside and outside at different times of day.

Horoscope Fish

Hi. I'm new here. May you please me on what exact setting should I set on my camera Nikon D3000 on an event ( Promenade, Graduation Ball )?
I'm going to take photos for my cousin. I'm confuse about it. I want to have good photos when I shoot one. Please help me.
There are no "perfect settings" for any situation, photography simply doesn't work that way. If you don't have time to learn to use some of the basic functions, your best bet would be to put your D3200 on "Auto" and let it take control.