D800 Refresh Rumor

caveman

I just got the D800 now talk of a new one.I will keep what i got.How much better can it be,Nikon needs to sale body's.It is all about the lates and greats thang. USE what you have it will work just fine.

Rick M

Being almost 2 years old and a forerunner, it makes sense to try and keep it fresh. A new release keeps it top of mind and visible in the market.

Moab Man

They mentioned a possible D7200. About the only thing I can think to add would be a bigger buffer. The wi-fi and gps I would pass on. Unneeded increase in cost IMO.

BackdoorArts

They mentioned a possible D7200. About the only thing I can think to add would be a bigger buffer. The wi-fi and gps I would pass on. Unneeded increase in cost IMO.

If they can get the buffer up so I get 3 seconds continuous, I'll get myself a new wildlife camera. That's one of the most boneheaded non-upgrades on a new model I've ever seen.

aroy

Even I saw it in the morning. They should definitely increase the buffer and speed.

Another thing that they can do, is to have both the cards same - either both SD or both CF. Makes no sense to me to have one of each.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I am just getting my D7100 tomorrow and they are talking about the D7200. Just my luck

Long day ahead of you Don? First wait for the UPS truck to show up, then.... wait.... some more... for the wife to come back from school... ALL THAT BEFORE you open the box... hi hi hi ;)

BackdoorArts

If they do put out a D800s, it would be great to get the frame rate to match that of the D610, though I expect that with the file sizes that would create all sorts of buffer issues.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Of all the RAW files that I have tried, the D800 files are just too awesome to manipulate.

Adding extra fps, expeed 4, and you'll get an ideal camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk