Server move, part deux!

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Unfortunately the current server configuration isn't working out the way I expected. So, instead of having two smaller servers I opted for one huge server! I should have it configured within the next couple weeks and after the move takes place things should be faster than ever!

Scott Murray

Unfortunately the current server configuration isn't working out the way I expected. So, instead of having two smaller servers I opted for one huge server! I should have it configured within the next couple weeks and after the move takes place things should be faster than ever!

Great work John.

Fred Kingston

John... I'm not sure which changed, the server or my stuff... but can we assume the subscribed thread email notification feature has been broken??????

Horoscope Fish

Don't know about anyone else but the site is screamin' fast for me right now. Like... Wow! Maybe it's unrelated to the whole server thing but I hope it stays like this.

wev

Contributor
i've had a lot of difficulty getting on to the site since last night..it wouldn't load & throw up a 500 internal server error

As have I, even at the college which has a t1 connection. Now at home, it really crawls and pops errors, especially opening threads.

wev

Contributor
Don't know if this has anything to do with the server tinkering, but all the tabs after Likes on My Profile page no longer work -- they all bring up the Likes Received page

mikew_RIP

Cant upload pictures at the moment to my albums,ime being told its an invalid file

Jpeg

1000 x 480

395kb

Had several goes via firefox and chrome i did upload one earlier

rocketman122

I seemed to get logged out much more, where I never was. even after rebooting the PC, I would load the browser then nikonites and would be logged in. today, I closed the tab and then later came back and was logged out. problem on my side or your side?

Last edited:

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
the upload error is fixed. I haven't started moving things over yet to the new server. That will probably happen tonight and into tomorrow.

Mike D90

the upload error is fixed. I haven't started moving things over yet to the new server. That will probably happen tonight and into tomorrow.

Again? Another server move or still moving other stuff to the new server that was the new server at the beginning of this post?

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Again? Another server move or still moving other stuff to the new server that was the new server at the beginning of this post?

Nope - talking about the same server in the first post. I just got it setup a couple days ago.