D3000 and Image Playback Disabled?

bryanna

Hi All,

I'm new to DSLR cameras and photography. I bought a used Nikon D3000 and ebay and have been fiddling around taking some pictures with it. At some point during the last time I used it, I hit something that disabled the image playback feature. When I hit the little "play" icon, nothing happens- and when I go to the guide menu and try to select "view/delete" I recieve an error that reads "This option is not available with current settings". Any ideas regarding what this is/how to fix it?

Thanks

nickt

I can't think of a reason that would prevent playing back images. Does it appear to snap a picture normally? You just cannot ever see the picture? It does not automatically display and you cannot manually play it back either? Have I got that right?
I would try first formating the memory card in camera and take another picture. If that does not work, then reset your shooting menu and setup menu and try again.

last minute thought... are you plugged into the computer with the usb cord? That would likely tie up the memory card and prevent playback.

crashton

Looking at my D3000 this what I think you have done. Go into the menu under playback & make sure review is switched to ON.

If that doesn't help you go into the menu & click the 3rd icon down, looks like a wrench. Then click reset setup options.

Hope that helps....