A Dance of Light

480sparky

Just bored tonight.

Colander_Post.jpg

Comments welcome!

wev

Contributor
Sorry -- cultural reference: Filmore Auditorium in San Francisco, home of psychedelic light shows, vast quantities of recreational narcotics, and home to the Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Steve Miller, Big Brother, and everyone else who was anybody in the '60s. It was a west coast thing. I used to hitchhike there (does that date me?) from LA on the weekends to catch the shows.

RON_RIP

And all those recreational drugs is exactly why some folks don't always remember the experience, simply have flashbacks they can't quite fathom. Just sayin

wev

Contributor
Dude! That was half the fun!

As it happens I was not a big fan of drugs, though there was a certain amount of cross contamination. I worked too hard to get there to forget the Allman Brothers, Albert Collins, The Byrds, et al for a bit of momentary dissipation.

480sparky

So share some info on what ya did to create! :)

Single 300ws monolight, with a piece of cardboard covering it that has a 2" hole in it, aimed at a colander on a table covered with a white cloth.

Tip the colander on it's side, top towards the light, and shoot the light coming through the holes.

Took quite a bit of screening to control all the reflections and spilling light.