Auto shutter speed problem

HMorgan

Hi all, first post here. I was out and about fiddling with some settings and I seem to have done something that changes the shutter speed every time I move the camera to focus on something else. It's impossible to work with and I was wondering if there's a setting I can turn off?

Thanks in advance

fotojack

Hi all, first post here. I was out and about fiddling with some settings and I seem to have done something that changes the shutter speed every time I move the camera to focus on something else. It's impossible to work with and I was wondering if there's a setting I can turn off?

Thanks in advance

Look for 2 green dots on your camera...one near your shutter button, one at the back somewhere. Turn on your camera, press the two buttons nearest those 2 green dots, hold for 2 seconds, let go, turn off camera, wait one second, turn back on. Your camera has now been reset to factory specs. See how that works for ya. :)

ps: By the way...instructions on how to reset your camera are in your owners manual. Look it up in the index.

fotojack

OK, well....according to your profile (all that stuff under your name on the left), I have no idea what camera you're using. Want to give me a hint? :)

Besides that, I have a feeling the problem is in your Menu Settings. In the Custom Settings Menu, do you have the A1 setting set to AF-C or AF-S? Let's start there. :)

DraganDL

It is but normal that the shutter speed is changed every time you point your camera to the different direction - the amount of available light changes and camera responds by setting different exposure parameters (it could be ALL parameters, or just ISO value, or just a value of aperture, or just a value of shutter speed, or the combination of some of these parameters, depending on the camera settings).

The REAL problem would be if the shutter speed value would change itself despite of it being MANUALLY set, with the fixed ISO value, while shooting in "manual mode" or "shutter speed priority mode".

Last edited: