25,600 iso venice scene

bryanpereira

So, this is a full frame not cropped image, taken in the early hours of the morning, I setup the composition and basically watched and waited for the birds. I know a lot of people will hate it but I love the grainey feel of it, I would have liked to get the full bird in the front, but i think it probably still works
D700, 60mm, 4.5
ven149_6471-Edit.jpg

So, this is a full frame not cropped image, taken in the early hours of the morning, I setup the composition and basically watched and waited for the birds. I know a lot of people will hate it but I love the grainey feel of it, I would have liked to get the full bird in the front, but i think it probably still works
D700, 60mm, 4.5
View attachment 75083

The grain works for this shot. Is that the moon or a dust spot near the building/street light?

wud

Like the image a lot :) Iso noise looks so good with b/w.
I would like the image straightened a little bit and not sure if I like the upper bird, think its a bit distracting to a very beautiful scene.

Nevertheless, very good and moody, I've been to Venice too, such a nice place.

Since it is not real clear what it is you might want to clone it out.

I think its pretty clear its the moon.

DraganDL

I would leave it as is - there is a strong dramatic feeling that this photo implies, so even the corrections, which would "normally" be welcome (horizon correction and removing the "upper bird" and maybe the moon too) do not have to be applied here. All these "abnormalities" contribute to the kinda surrealistic, "nightmare" impression generated by the photo...

Last edited: