Some shots from Camera Club

SteveL54

Just started to attend a local camera club. Lots of great people there. These are some of the shots I took.

gears.jpg

bottle.jpg

baseball.jpg

SteveL54

There is a local one here that I've been wanting to contact but just haven't got around to it. Nice pics.

Thanks. I was a little apprehensive about it. I waited a month or two before going, and it was really a lot of fun. They're just like the people on here - they love photography - and are more than willing to exchange ideas.

Deezey

We only have one club in the area and I know a few of the members there. They are all a bunch of pretentious..... Well anyway I have chosen not to attend their meetings.

I have found that photographers are either easy going or straight up....fill it in with your favorite....

There seems to be no middle ground with the people in my area. When I was looking at joining a club I was asked what did I shoot. I told them a D90 with just some kit lenses. I got an "Oh".

Fast forward to now and I was asked to join by a member just because I was carrying the D610. They didn't realize I was "That D90 shooter."

Some members are cool...some not so cool. Glad the OP is having fun. It is great when you can find a respectful click to socialize with that shares your passion.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

I have found that photographers are either easy going or straight up....fill it in with your favorite....

There seems to be no middle ground with the people in my area. When I was looking at joining a club I was asked what did I shoot. I told them a D90 with just some kit lenses. I got an "Oh".

Fast forward to now and I was asked to join by a member just because I was carrying the D610. They didn't realize I was "That D90 shooter."

Some members are cool...some not so cool. Glad the OP is having fun. It is great when you can find a respectful click to socialize with that shares your passion.

There is a group in Birmingham, AL that I ran into and joined for a photo walk a while back. They are a great group of guys and I did join their Google+ group. They have had several photo walks in different areas but with the shoulder surgery and then the broken leg I have not been able to meet up with them again. I plan on trying to go with them soon though. Birmingham in about 80 miles North of where I live.

SteveL54

Sounds like I really lucked out. I live in a small town (7500), and most of the people here are really nice. Every single member introduced themselves to me and wanted to see what camera I had (D5100). They had Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, and one guy just had a pocket point and shoot. It wasn't an issue. They had a guest pro, and he took the time with everyone to go over all aspects of the process. There was none of the "my camera is better than yours" thing going on.

BackdoorArts

I've got some MeetUps in my inbox that I need to make time for. I'm pretty busy through the end of March but look forward to doing some stuff in the spring. Heck, I'm just looking forward to spring!!

Krs_2007

I was going to mention the Meetups site, there are several groups in our area that cover every type of photography with working sessions. Sounds good, just haven't had time to join in.