Hello from Orange County!

monk3ym4jik

Hey guys,

I'm a DSLR newbie and just wanted to drop by and say hi.

I bought my friend's old D80 with a 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED AF-S VR DX lens and am looking forward to getting better at shooting (especially food... I want to get a lot better at photographing my food). I also got the camera because I will be studying abroad in Shanghai and Hong Kong this summer and would love to get some great pics while I'm there.

I'm also getting a 40mm f/2.8 AF-S DX MICRO Nikkon lens to do some macro stuff (and get delicious looking close-ups) and a yongnuo 560 mk.iii for flash purposes.

Any tips and tricks for getting started (websites, resources, etc.), especially for taking pictures of food would be greatly appreciated!

Also, if someone could chime in on whether they prefer Aperature or LR5 for photo editing, I'd like for them to weigh in.

Thanks all!

Deezey

Welcome to the forum! From Greene County. (Ok...so it isn't Green...but close right?!)

So...Studying to be a chef? Or just a Foodie?

monk3ym4jik

I'm actually in law school, just a giant foodie. I used to have a food (more like cooking) blog that I'd update sporadically.

For one of my posts, my friend took pictures for me using his Canon DSLR and I wanted so badly to do the same for my future posts.

Got a new Shun knife over the holidays and I'm looking forward to get back to cooking (when school affords me some free time) and possibly restarting the blog (it's been a LONG time since it was last updated).

mgl0105.jpg

mgl0078.jpg