RAW file processing ViewNX 2

juanb1203

I'm a little confused about how to process RAW files in viewNX 2. Once I choose a file, and then click edit, all of the adjustment sliders and boxes are grayed out, and I can't do anything with them, why??

Mike D90

I am kind of curious to know if your camera is shooting only RAW files or RAW + JPEG. If so you may be trying to edit the JPEG file instead of the RAW file.

john*thomas

You also have to make sure you have the most up to date version for your camera. If you try and use an older version for a newer camera it won't work.

Mfrankfort

If your using a newer Nikon, your going to need to update the software. Every camera seems to have a diff type, so make sure it's completely updated. That could be the reason, or it's in JPEG. Let us know!

mikew_RIP

Are you talking about edit on the left top of the screen,for your basic edits you need the right hand controls,at the very top on the left side you will see a small box with a drop down symbol,click this and make sure you select the one that shows a box with small boxes underneath.
After doing this you should see the selected picture with thumbnails under it,at the right of the screen should be picture controls,if not at the very right edge will be an arrow head half way down click this,your edit controls should now show,they do share the same box as your metadata if they don't show click the arrow head near the top of this box that says metadata and your slider controls should show.