New to the forum Hi Everyone !!

kanhatiger

Hi Everyone, my Name is Steve, i live in the England and in a Jungle area in Central India where i track Tigers in the Wild for Photography purposes, i use a D700 and D300 along with my prime lens the 200-400 F4 Nikon Len's good ideal when your trying to get Tigers at a distance, i use a Nikon teleconverter 1x7 Tripod is a Gitzo 5240 and use a Jobo Gimbal Head, looking forward to getting into the site and contributing where possible, and asking questions.

Vincent

Hi Everyone, my Name is Steve, i live in the England and in a Jungle area in Central India where i track Tigers in the Wild for Photography purposes, i use a D700 and D300 along with my prime lens the 200-400 F4 Nikon Len's good ideal when your trying to get Tigers at a distance, i use a Nikon teleconverter 1x7 Tripod is a Gitzo 5240 and use a Jobo Gimbal Head, looking forward to getting into the site and contributing where possible, and asking questions.

Hello, welcome.
Reading that and then seeing junior member next to your name seems a real mismatch. When reading on forums people did not like the 1.7 and they do not like teleconverters on the 200-400mm. I hope you can show me that when using equipment for what it is made for that it really does work.

kanhatiger

Hello, welcome.
Reading that and then seeing junior member next to your name seems a real mismatch. When reading on forums people did not like the 1.7 and they do not like teleconverters on the 200-400mm. I hope you can show me that when using equipment for what it is made for that it really does work.
Hi Vincent thanks for the welcome, to be honest the 1.7 i very rarely use, unless i am on the tripod, i have recently upgraded my tripod and head to a Gitzo GT5240 and a jobo Gimbal, so yet to try out the combination with the 200-400 and the teleconverter, i was getting some issues of Stability, but put that down to the tripod, will let you know how i get on with the new combination.

RON_RIP

Welcome to the forum. That was a wonderful shot of the tiger. I am glad that you are using a long lens combination, as he looked a little hungry to me.