white balance problem nikon d3200

mamamel84

Hi, Ive never had a problem before with white balance but I just attached a new nikon lens 18-300 on the nikon d3200 and all my pictures are very yellow. I tried to use auto white balance but it didnt work then I tried every option available to correct the yellow but it still is very yellow? Whats the problem here?

mamamel84

I just noticed when I have the flash on the whole picture turns blue then....I did some manual white balance thing with a piece of white paper and it somewhat corrected it then I turned on the flash now its blue!!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
You probably turned the auto white balance off. This happens when you try to correct it before the shooting. Flash colour temperature is probably cooler than the other lights you were using before to take previous pictures.

Put it back to Auto and then take a picture with and without the flash and see how it goes.

FastGlass

When doing a custom white balance. It needs to be done using the light you'll be shooting in. You can't do a custom balance and then add a flash because now you're introducing a diff kind of light. Also when using flash. You need to gel them if shooting under tungsten of florescent. The subject illuminated by flash will have a diff color temp than the background being lit by tungsten. Adding a gel to correct the flash with tungsten will give you an even color balance through out the whole scene.

PramitSarkar

Hi All,
I am new to DSLRs. I have Nikon D3200. My white balance is in 'Preset manual'. Can anyone please tell me how to revert it back to 'Auto' ?

Fred Kingston

hold the White balance buttun w/ the left thumd, and turn the top wheel on the right top with your right thumd while watching the LCD display on the top.

Horoscope Fish

Hi All,
I am new to DSLRs. I have Nikon D3200. My white balance is in 'Preset manual'. Can anyone please tell me how to revert it back to 'Auto' ?
Press the Menu button, scroll down to the "Shooting Menu". One of the settings in the Shooting Menu is "White Balance". Hightlight that setting, click right once to enter the sub-menu and choose whatever setting you want to use.