Studio setup

wud

I have forgotten the brand of the lamps we use in the studio, but I'll get the names for you next time I'm going there. Its strobes and they are very easy to work with.

In the studio we got 5 lamps, 2 big soft boxes, a smaller soft box, an umbrella and something that looks a bit like a beauty dish but with out the middle part (I never got an introduction to the place, so I just started with figuring out the most basics - so pardon me ;)). Also a few reflectors.

Backdrop colors: black, white, green, grey. Grey is what I use most.

The basic setup I use, is almost like this:

y3a8yret.jpg

Right side soft box I keep almost up against the sealing, left side depends on what I am shooting. Sometimes (for black background) I add a third lamp which either shoots at the background or behind the kid/girl/model.

I turn up or down on the lamps, depending on what I am going for - sometimes I turn one of, if I need a darker/more contrasted image.

The studio is okay size, what you see here is a little more of 1/4 of it. Right side are used for table, kitchen, couches..

Please feel free to show your setups :) :)

carguy

Lookin good! Mine sits in bags until I need them. No room in this house to leave them setup :(

be8unepa.jpg

Last edited:

gqtuazon

Gear Head
That is a good size studio set-up. I'm trying not to get involve too much with studio equipment due to lack of permanent dedicated space. I do like to do it once in a while.

Adding every gizmos that you will spend with studio gets pretty expensive.

wud

Lookin good! Mine sits in bags until I need them. No room in this house to leave them setup :(

be8unepa.jpg

At home, my umbrella and stands has to be put away too. I like that background you got. I'm going for some different reflectors soon, which could be very helpful for portraits outside but also as background at home..

Sent from Tapatalk