Showing some pictures upside down

wud

Uh, should I be a little scared now...?? I had an accident on the beach and the camera hit the sand (not hard). And then both yesterday and today in Lightroom, before importing, a few of the images have been upside down - when I click them big and after import, they are turned the right way.
In camera, they look as they should. So could be an issue with LR but since it happened after my crash, I am of course thinking if anything could have happened with the camera.

Have anyone tried this?!

Screen Shot 2014-02-17 at 20.56.20.jpg

BackdoorArts

Can't tell, but depending on the camera orientation when you took the shot sometimes it things it's upside down when you're shoot straight up or down. Camera will make the adjustment, as will Lightroom, but the import screens may not - I've never really noticed. I'm thinking you're OK given that the orientation is correct in the camera.

wud

I found some who tried the same on google, only all images and not just some. That's a phew!! But very weird.. The image just before and shortly after (exactly the same place) are faced the right way.

So crossing my fingers nothing else will show up. I did my best to save it, hello big bump ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

Snap Happy

You should be fine. I have (inadvertently) had my D3 land/smack/hit concrete and bitumen from waist height on a few occasions. (It looks a bit battle scared!) The poor thing has been put through some brutal punishment (while on the job) and still keeps on clicking on....... A little soft sand... My D3 would probably thank me! ;)

As I have bad joints and other issues, my choice of a robust camera at the time, was the D3 for that reason. Heck, I could tell you some horror stories... Wind/Dust - Hail/Downpour.... Has taken it all in it's stride. I keep a special cloth in my bag, just damp it a little, wipe the camera over and it's good to go. Other lesser "battle ready" bodies, would have gave up ages ago..