D600 Refurbished back

tmcguire17

I wanted to post an update on my D600 without highjacking another thread! Bought my D600 from BH Photo in Feb of 2013 refurbished. Had spots on the sensor from photo 1. BH sent an rma (great company!) I chose not to do it that quickly as most people were saying it goes away after 3k or so. I also mistakenly thought the 90 day warranty applied to BH Photo and Nikon still honored the 1 yr mfg. Warranty. So I clicked away cleaned, clicked etc etc about 10 times and just under 12k clicks. It was still spitting crap so I dug out my box to send it back and discovered I was mistaken on the warranty. Ive been busy as hell and unable to shoot much because of classes so I figured Id send it in anyway and see what happens. For clarity it was 3 weeks shy of one year old. I received my D600 back today with the sensor nearly perfectly clean (4 spots) and a new shutter mechanism updated firmware and thoroughly tested! I cant harp on Nikons response to the issue and certainly not now that I have an additional 90 days to fire off a few thousand shots to see if she stays clean! Hail Nikon!

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

VectorZ

That is exactly what they should be doing. I am glad Nikon stepped up and did the right thing.

Yes ultimately they did, but it was not nearly as easy as it should be. They know there are a lot of lemons and they should try 3 repairs and then issue a refund if it cannot be fixed. Period.

Yes ultimately they did, but it was not nearly as easy as it should be. They know there are a lot of lemons and they should try 3 repairs and then issue a refund if it cannot be fixed. Period.

I think you are right. As soon as you see the problem send it in. Then when it comes back shot the crap out of it to see if it comes back. If it does then don't clean it but instead send it right back. Keep on till they refund and then buy the D610. i think it is probably a matter of the squeaky wheel getting the grease. But with all support from any company be as nice as you can and generally it will pay off.

hrphotography

The best advice I can give is to send it back as soon as u see spots as many times as possible and then ask for refund or D610. Only if you are lucky you may be offered a refund, usually all you will get from Nikon is BS. My D600 was horrible and it was a pain to use it. If yours is as bad as mine then get rid of it as soon as you can.....good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk