Braketing on the D200, How to ????

Nikonite1222

Hi There-

O.K.,,here's the scenario,,I have a great shot to take and my D200 is in the tripod, I set my bracketing in 1EV in either direction, and want to take the shot, but I have to hold down the shutter button for all three clicks of the shutter.

My question is ,,,Is there a different way or a setting I need to select so one press of the shutter will take all three shots ????

Also,,,let me know if it can be used with the timer release as well,,,I'm trying to minimize the camera shake cause I want the images to align perfectly for HDR images.

Thanks for taking the time to consider my questions and I do hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely- Doug

Joseph Bautsch

Ranie has it right. Set the shutter to continuous high. You still have to hold the shutter button until all three shots are taken. Even with the shutter set on continuous high it won't take the shots any faster than the shutter will operate. If the exposure requires an exposure range of several seconds you will have to hold the button down until all of the shots are finished. If the exposure time is extended a shutter release cable is recommended. Get the one made for the D200. It should also have a release button lock for time extended shots. You can also hand hold for all three shots as long as all of the shots have a shutter speed that would not allow camera shake. The HDR program will register the shots at the time of the merger. Hope this helps.

Nikonite1222

HI Guys-

Sorry for the long delay in responding to you. Thanks for the tip, I know how to use the continuous mode next to the lens where it meets the body. Now that brings me to another question.

Could a wireless or wired trigger release be able to function in a bracketing mode ??? or would it be restricted somehow ?? Just courious,,,(that's how I learn I guess (LOL) !!!!

Thanks for your time.

Doug

Joseph Bautsch

Any device, wireless or cable, designed to release the shutter on the D200 will work. The only function these devices, including the shutter release button, do is to close the electrical circuit that triggers the shutter. The camera then performs the functions you have it set for, i.e.: Auto Bracket shots.