Sisterly Love

cmsouvign2

I took this shot at my best friend's house of her daughters I feel there is something off on this picture but can not figure it out. If you can take a look a give me an idea what I need to work on with this picture I would appreciate it. This was taken a little bit out of date but I have been playing with this shot for 2 days now and could use some advice sisterly love 2.jpg

ohkphoto

Snow White
I think it's adorable! what a couple of cuties!
Try cropping it so that it's a horizontal picture. . . about halfway up the girls' bodies. What might be bothering you is that one hand is cut off at the wrist. Also, crop in from the left and eliminate the "smiley toy" . . . you want the viewer going straight to those cute faces and not trying to figure out what toy is smiling back at them.

Are these darling girls yours, Christine? Talk about a "decisive moment" capture! This is one for a frame!

Best Regards

cmsouvign2

sisterly love 3.jpg

Helene, thank you. I think that was bothering me a lot. No these are not my girls. I wish! :) We have all boys. I will try your recommendation because I think that will make it pop more. How about this..... is this what you were talking about?

Last edited by a moderator:

ohkphoto

Snow White
Yes. Now, up the exposure just a wee bit, just enough to lighten up the faces a little more. Then see how you feel about the photo, if you've made the "little voice" inside you happy!:D

cmsouvign2

thank you Helene I will up the exposure up a bit and then maybe I will like it better. As always your comments are wonderful and helpful to me and I appreciate it so much

Ranie

Aside from the exposure, maybe a little tweak on the skin tones will put more "pop" on the pics.
Just as suggestion.