Feeding time!

weebee

One of my turtles didn't look at the calendar very good. I'm watching TV and hear a grunting noise. One of them was in the water dish getting a drink. So, I got the food dish filled.

DSCN0427.jpg

wev

Contributor
What variety? I have a rescued Mohave and a gulf coast box that just crawled under the gate one day -- both still asleep.

wev

Contributor
I've had the Mohave since it was a hatchling, 17 years now. He sleeps in the bathtub.

weebee

Mohave's are nice looking. I've seen them in zoo's before. I never seen a gulf coast box before. I'll need to google it. He friendly? Both of mine will eat from my hand. And the male likes to get rubbed under the chin.

wev

Contributor
The Mohave is very friendly, but watch your fingers feeding, he's got strong jaws. The box is more leery, but he shows signs of some abuse in the past. In a good mood, he let you feed him a meal worm.

weebee

I've had my fingers pinched a few times while feeding them meal worms. Now I just tip the container and they help themselves. I feel my fingers are safer feeding them strawberries or green beans!

Deezey

I used tongs when I had leopard geckos. Reptiles can really leave a nasty wound...

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

wev

Contributor
Your turtle wake-up vibes seem to have made it to the left coast -- my box dug himself out this morning, had a nice bask in the sunshine, then started in on a meal worm breakfast. Next he'll get a nice warm water soak.

Turtle.jpg