More Nikon 1 Rumors . . .

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Too bad, what I'd like is a mirror less that could use the F mount without an adapter and could use the aperture and auto focus of the normal lenses.

A a matter of fact, I was wondering why an independent camera company couldn't do just that. Different cameras that could use Canon or Nikon lenses on their cameras without an adapter...

Rick M

Too bad, what I'd like is a mirror less that could use the F mount without an adapter and could use the aperture and auto focus of the normal lenses.

A a matter of fact, I was wondering why an independent camera company couldn't do just that. Different cameras that could use Canon or Nikon lenses on their cameras without an adapter...

Patents on the mount design maybe?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Patents on the mount design maybe?

Not sure, other companies have F mount adapters... If they'd have at least a wired adapter so the focus, framing and shooting could be done at full aperture and the lens would just close for exposure.
This is the thing preventing me to get into the mirror less cams. I don't want to frame, focus and then have to pull push a lever to close the diaphragm...

Rick M

I've thought about the adapter, but I'm very impressed with these nikon 1 lenses. The compactness and quality are amazing. I don't miss the big glass when I want to travel light.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Wow I love the way the design patent example with the red swoosh ties it into the rest of the Nikon line! Very nice touch.

Marcel, I have to agree with Rick. The Nikon 1 glass is incredible. If Nikon would come out with a 13mm/1.8 (35mm equiv) and a macro around 100mm equivalent (37mm in CX format) the system would be well rounded out.

crashton

That rumor is interesting, but it appears to lack a viewfinder? Still waiting for the mystical V3 & happily shooting with my V1.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm starting to drool. . . more news from Nikon Rumors:

• Completely new camera design
  • Very fast everything
  • 18MP sensor
  • External (probably optional) 2.4MP electronic viewfinder (EVF)
  • Eye sensor and a button to switch between LCD and EVF
  • 180° swivel LCD screen
  • New grip (also probably optional, not sure if it will have batteries)
  • New Nikkor 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 PD VR zoom lens
  • The official announcement will be in the next 1-2 months

crashton

Thanks for the update Eduard. I hope this comes to pass, but I have to say I won't be holding my breath waiting for it.

My V1 & D7000 are serving me well.

Rick M

Looks like they are combining the v and J lines, might be a smart move. If ISO is improved, I'll definitely get one. 18 Mp will be nice too.

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
More info is leaking and it looks like the new release is a couple weeks away!

• The new external grip will not take any batteries, but it will have a shutter button and front dial
  • Optical viewfinder - appears that the camera will have an optical viewfinder and an optional EVF
  • Expeed 4a imaging processor
  • The camera design will be all black
  • The official announcement is expected in March (most likely in mid-March)

Last edited:

crashton

I sure hope that the optical viewfinder is more than just a peep hole that gives you a general idea what the camera is pointed at. Looking forward to see what this camera actually is. Fingers crossed for a home-run.

Rick M

The viewfinder rumors sound pretty conflicting. After having the J3 for a while, I'd be ok without one. If they are merging the lines, hopefully the price will reflect that also. With strong sales in Asia, it seems like they just need to find the sweet spot between the V and J. The V being more "pro" than the J and the J not serious "looking" enough to be taken seriously. Although I find the J doing everything I'd like, more controls are always better.

DraganDL

No go for me (I'll just have to stick to my old PEN as a "travel around with" camera): "The problem for cameras like these is that there’s just so much competition...aside from slow-mo and small size the V3 doesn’t offer much over that. So I’m a bit doubtful Nikon have the right strategy here."

crashton

I'm not seeing a camera that will make me move from my V1 as a light weight kit. I'll have to wait & see what reviews say.

I am glad that the new V3 shows Nikon is not going to abandon the 1 system.

Phillydog1958

I'm not sure exactly where Nikon is taking the V series . . . I see that they're now accessorizing what was once standard features -- Viewfinder and grip. They have to be bought separately.