Washed up leaves

Lawrence

Comments please.
I think these had potential but not happy.
First one was purposely over processed to make it POP big time

Torrent LOL.jpg

What's the hold up LOL.jpg

Fire Drill LOL.jpg

Gather Round Leaves LOL.jpg

Leaves Congregating LOL.jpg

So Far and No Further LOL.jpg

Lawrence

Get low to the ground and use a large aperture :)

I think you are right there mate. There was potential and I missed it. I am pleased that I recognised both.
Getting low is a real problem for me because of arthritis. Life sucks but I am far from dead.
Using my live view at funny angles is like looking in a mirror and trying to work things out - 100% guarantee I will go the wrong way.
Thanks for the comments guys.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Lawrence, I have to be the devil's advocate here and give my opinion. I don't mean to be the bad guy but I don't see the potential in these. The way I see the images, there is too much distraction going on. They are wet leaves but as much I try to focus somewhere inside the images, my eyes keep wandering here and there within the frames.

The first one maybe could be interesting, but except for the geometrical pattern, there is no focusing point and no main interest. My eyes just get sucked in and taken all the way outside the upper right corner. So as soon as I'm drawn in, I'm taken out...

But you tried and trial and error is all about learning what works and what doesn't.

Now remember that this is only my personal opinion and it only involves my perception. I hope you won't hold it against me. :)

Enjoy your Nikon!

Lawrence

Lawrence, I have to be the devil's advocate here and give my opinion. I don't mean to be the bad guy but I don't see the potential in these. The way I see the images, there is too much distraction going on. They are wet leaves but as much I try to focus somewhere inside the images, my eyes keep wandering here and there within the frames.

The first one maybe could be interesting, but except for the geometrical pattern, there is no focusing point and no main interest. My eyes just get sucked in and taken all the way outside the upper right corner. So as soon as I'm drawn in, I'm taken out...

But you tried and trial and error is all about learning what works and what doesn't.

Now remember that this is only my personal opinion and it only involves my perception. I hope you won't hold it against me. :)

Enjoy your Nikon!

Scratch one friend ….. :D

Scott Murray

Enjoy your Nikon!

Dont worry Marcel my eyes keep going down the drain lol.

Keen Ai

I think the second one is best in terms of composition, but I really think you should have focused on the leaves in the foreground just by the drain - it seems you focused about 2/3 of the way back in the picture, leaving the main subject blurry.