Help - D3200 Playback Not Available

Jasey

Hi

I'm a real newbie and just purchased a D3200 off Internet. I knew there was a problem when bought it but thought I could figure it out. But I can't.

When entering playback I get the message "Playback not available". I thought it was the firmware so tried to update but it wasn't recognising the update on the card. The camera recognises the card because I can save photos taken but cannot play them back on the camera or do live view. But if I plug the SD card into the PC it can see them. It will not let me format the card.

Any ideas or is it phone Nikon.

J

DraganDL

I see no problem here - you bought it knowing that it is partially dysfunctional. Now it's time to go to the authorized Nikon's repair shop and get it repaired.

Jasey

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I know it was broken but I thought it maybe firmware. The fact it doesnt read the card but still saves photos to it confuses me. Is there a way I can completely reset the camera or if not who is the best dealer.

Horoscope Fish

To perform a full factory reset on the D3200 you need to manually choose the reset option in the Shooting Menu AND the Setup menu.

To do this press "Menu", select the Shooting Menu (Camera icon) and scroll through the options until 'Reset Shooting Options' is highlighted. Press "OK, highlight "Yes" and press "OK" again.

Repeat these steps in the Setup menu (Wrench icon).