The Nikon Way....

GameOfMoans

Having sold all my Canon kit and now having had my D800E and lenses a couple of days, I already know I've made the right decision. I love the small attentions to detail from the Nikon lens caps having a pinch mechanism to remove and replace to lens. The fact that they come with an inbuilt flash as its not always convenient or necessary to have a flash gun. I've already got pleasing portraits with the on board flash. I'd rather take the risk on less robust weather sealing to have that option !

I like the fact that the pricey lenses (I have the 24-70mm and 70-200mm) are black.....and unlike Canon who opted to make them white......shouting out "look at me, I'm VERY expensive....." I was always wary when out in public places with white lenses !

And the resolving power of the D800E....early days, but from the test shorts....staggering....will test landscape this weekend !

Last edited by a moderator:

Eddie

Congrats on your jump ship and welcome to nikonites too ...
Go crazy with your photo takes on landscape ... :eek:

weebee

The D800E is my dream camera. But I have a ways to go before I can say I'm even ready skill wise to consider owning one. I'm jealous to say the least!