Zenfolio users - Couple of questions I have

Mike D90

I need to start making my private client access pages in Zenfolio as I have a couple of sessions coming up and I want them to be on the password protected area.

I know how to make the private access are but can I set up new groups in there that are individually protected or what is the best and easiest way to set this up?

Not sure what you mean by groups. You set up a album for a client and give them the address and password. They can then give it out to whoever they want to see the photos and buy them.

Mike D90

Not sure what you mean by groups. You set up a album for a client and give them the address and password. They can then give it out to whoever they want to see the photos and buy them.

Right. But you can set up albums and collections within groups. With groups you can set certain default attributes that all albums under that group will fall.

I currently have several albums in a "Public Access" group that anyone can access. I want an area where I can place new albums that are password protected individually and the customer has to log in and enter their unique password to gain access. I also do not want that area visible to visitors or other people who may create an account and log in.

What I am unsure about is whether I am actually protecting each album within that group or if anyone with a password is getting access to any of those albums within that group.

Mike D90

When I view your website I don't see any special links to client albums. Do you have them or do you hide them? I guess I am asking how you have yours set up.

Right. But you can set up albums and collections within groups. With groups you can set certain default attributes that all albums under that group will fall.

I currently have several albums in a "Public Access" group that anyone can access. I want an area where I can place new albums that are password protected individually and the customer has to log in and enter their unique password to gain access. I also do not want that area visible to visitors or other people who may create an account and log in.

What I am unsure about is whether I am actually protecting each album within that group or if anyone with a password is getting access to any of those albums within that group.

That is why you don't do groups. You set each protected album as separate so that it has it's own address and password. Then you don't have to worry about it.

Mike D90

So all of y our albums fall under the "All Categories" default collection and you just hide them from view and email out their passwords?

DKMPhoto

If you're looking to set up client access with multiple galleries, yes you can do that. You should be given the option when you choose to upload photos to new catalogs and/or galleries on the home page when you sign in. I hope this is what you were talking about.