Updated Website - Comments? Good/Bad/improvements? & where to advertise?

aZuMi

Hi All,

I've been changing my website around from a template type (Blu Domain), to Zenfolio, and now I'm working on Wordpress. So far, from all the sites I've had, I'm most satisfied with the current one.

Any constructive criticisms would help alot. I like to make the website in the lighter side, and easy to navigate.

ColourFX Photography » We use our talents, efforts and most importantly our ability to work with you. We want to know your story so we can help capture your special memories.

Another question I have is - so now that I have the website and facebook page, where do people post their advertisements and how do people expand knowledge about their business?

I go to Church and thought of advertising in their bulletin, but I'm a little torn with that since I don't like advertising wedding stuff to the Church. So far, I've been getting my weddings/ family photo shoot/ event work through word of mouth. I also know videographers/ make up artists/ other photographers that I network with for potential work.

I also don't really want to pay facebook for advertisements since I don't find it effective.

The main page is to busy. Needs to just be introduction and then menu to other pages of interest. Also I should know where you are on the front page. Going to "about us" I still don't know where you are. If you want business you have to let people know what area you are in. Search engines will pick that up if someone searches for photographers in your area.

DKMPhoto

One thing I noticed is that when I pick a gallery to view, the top image folds back to solid white. On top of that, I noticed that there aren't any privacy settings on the album. I think instead it would be great to see a portfolio section with approved images from the client. I love the design itself! The homepage I'm not sure, it seems that your older customers will have to rummage through to find their album once new albums are posted. Overall I think its a great site, good work! : )

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
Please take this as constructive feedback. This is exactly the type I would give my consulting team when they are preparing client facing deliverables.

1. You need to run spell check. For example: you have "Portfolios" spelled wrong.
2. Your "About Us" images are different sizes and quite frankly weak. I'm not sure I would hire a photographer that doesn't have a good image of themselves.
3. You need to indicate where you work. I realize you are in Canada by the URL but. . . not much beyond that.
4. Are the rates the same for all of you? Have you considered different portfolios that highlight your individual styles?
5. If your blog is the same as your galleries, why do you have both?