drip

nickt

Ok, really bored today and I tried a very quick water drip shot. Nothing fancy, bowl in the sink under the faucet, colored plastic over the flash. It took 70 clicks to get 2 that were even close. I was in a rush, my wife did a quick run to the corner store. I really didn't want to explain to her why the tripod was set up at the kitchen sink.

D71_1563.jpg

D71_1588.jpg

nickt

Thanks. I'll try it again another time. The drops didn't pick up much speed from the faucet to the bowl. I will try with a water bag hung from higher up next time.

hark

Administrator
Staff member
Super Mod
You did a very nice job with this, nickt! :)

It is something I've been wanting to try myself--part of it just to see what it's like, but also to see if it is possible to establish a rhythm between the drops and the timing of the shutter...from a musician's point of view. ;)

Mfrankfort

Nice shots.

My wife quit asking questions 25 years ago.

haha. Mine just shakes her head. Like a few weeks ago I was trying slow shutter speeds in the bathroom sink with the lights off. She heard the water running and I was sitting in the bathroom with the lights off and a flashlights. haha.

nickt

haha. Mine just shakes her head. Like a few weeks ago I was trying slow shutter speeds in the bathroom sink with the lights off. She heard the water running and I was sitting in the bathroom with the lights off and a flashlights. haha.
I got the head shake a few weeks ago coming in from the yard at 9pm, -15 out, camera and a bottle of kid's bubble soap in hand.