Where should i buy d90

ophiuchus

Go to the store to check out the cameras (hold em, take some photos, see how it feels etc) then once you've truely made up your mind check out online first for prices. I got my D90 for AU$800 cheaper from http://www.dwidigitalcameras.com/. Received it the next day FedEx, asian wall connectors, english manual. Chuffed

zx7dave

While it is completely buyer beware I have gotten a great deal on cameras in excellent shape off eBay...You can generally get a feel if the seller is trustworthy if they have been on eBay more then 5 years, and have 300+ transactions with 100% positive feedback. And since not all contries honor delivery confirmation and similiar programs that USPS has I try to only buy only within the US.
Disclaimer...lots of people have been taken advantage of on eBay..so once again buyer beware, and common sense prevails...

Zulumika

I agree with ophiuchus. At one point (and I don't really know why), I wanted a Minolta. I just wanted one... So a few months ago, I went to the store to look at a Sony a500. The feel was all wrong. It just felt weird and uncomfortable to my hand. So I figured I had more shopping to do. I'm glad I waited to try the Nikons cuz they fell much more fit.

But that's just me, my preference, and my hands. I would never buy a car without test-driving it before; same with a camera.

hdknight

I've bought camera's succesfully from amazon and B&H. I bought a D90 body and one lens from amazon and another lens and accesories from B&H. The "Camera Shop"'s around here, maybe everywhere are all out of business, I'm not sure where I'd even go to handle one live. But I'm no longer in a metropolitan area.

Julia

I bought my D90 from Walmart, it had the best price for body only. I was originally going to buy it from Amazon or B&H, but the price, plus free shipping was much better at WM. I bought my D40 from Abes of Maine.

goz63

There are a couple of great online photography equipment shops, B&H and Adorama are the two most used. Having said that I bought my D90 from Newegg. It is a computer shop primarily but has a great reputation and had the camera for $50 cheaper. I have since purchased lenses and flash from both Digital cameras, all other cameras and everything photographic from Adorama Camera and B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders. I would recommend shopping at a local store to get your hands on the camera as has been stated. If it does not feel right, don't get it. Then go home and check prices on line. I would not buy from Ebay personally. At least not for the camera. If you need follow up service, the companies listed will back you up, Ebay won't. I have not seen much of a price break on Ebay at this level of camera anyway. Nikon's hold their value and you will sometimes pay MORE on Ebay than I have bought new from Adorama.

Whiskeyman

It may just be me, but I just can't go into a store to "feel" a camera with the intention of buying it online.

If I'm going to buy it online, I'll pick an online retailer with a very generous (like 100% satisfaction guaranteed) return policy and order it from them. Many, if not all, of the retailers mentioned here already do offer a generous return policy.

If you spend a lot of time and effort researching your decision, you should be able to narrow your wants and needs.

And you may even be able to try out someone else's camera to get a better notion of if you like that model. Ask around at work or wherever to see what cameras people own and if they would show and explain their camera. Most folks would be proud to do so under the right circumstances.

​WM