Post those "I thought this would look better" shots

Mike D90

Just for learning purposes and fun I would like to see folks post their shots that don't get posted here in other threads. The ones that just didn't turn out like you wanted or what you saw. the shots you might just throw out or just hold on too for later.

Others jump in and see if they can see what we didn't see at the time.

Mike D90

Looking for something to get my photographic juices flowing I shot several captures of this cruddy old stool. It's worn, old, rotten, full of texture and warmth but I just could not get a shot that did it for me.

Stool 1.jpg

Stool 2.jpg

Stool 3.jpg

Lawrence

It sure is worn, old rotten and looks like it might leave a splinter in your butt!

That aside I quite like the first one but …….
don't give up the day job just yet. ;)

Deezey

On its own I dunno. Why not put something on it? Maybe a simple vase and flower. A contrast of beautiful and not so beautiful?

RockyNH_RIP

Just for learning purposes and fun I would like to see folks post their shots that don't get posted here in other threads. The ones that just didn't turn out like you wanted or what you saw. the shots you might just throw out or just hold on too for later.

Others jump in and see if they can see what we didn't see at the time.

Different Idea... might be a good learning.. :)

Pat in NH

BackdoorArts

This often happens when I don't finalize the idea in my head first and just hope it comes out in the photography. You know you have a cool subject to photograph, but what about that subject do you want to bring out? Once you figure that out you then have to figure out what the best way to highlight that aspect might be. Sometimes it's isolation, sometimes it's juxtaposing it with something else, sometimes it's perspective, and sometimes it's just a mystery and even thinking it through doesn't help so you do a bit of spray and pray and then see if you can either salvage something, or maybe see the real vision in the incomplete stuff.

I'd be willing to share mine were they not all in the trash bin already. I have a rule - don't waste storage space on anything you won't share. I used to keep a lot of almost stuff, hoping some day it might magically get better when my post processing skills did. But I've since learned that it's better to start with a photo worth seeing, because you can't save the world. So if I can't salvage it with my current skill set, it gets dumped (with the rare exception being once in a lifetime moments that you keep even bad photos of).

I promise next time I'll save some. It happens quite often.

Mike D90

On its own I dunno. Why not put something on it? Maybe a simple vase and flower. A contrast of beautiful and not so beautiful?

Something like that is exactly what it needed but that never came to me at the time. But, that stool is still there and can be shot again!