Hobbyist from SC

ADM5

Hi everyone! My name's Andy and I'm mostly an automotive photographer but I do have the random 'other' picture on my Flickr if you look hard enough. I have not been doing this for too long and I recently just started practicing and honing my skills as an automotive guy. Lucky for me my friends have really cool cars to practice on!

Also, other than the few car forums that I lurk in this is my first photography forum that I've ever joined...it seemed like a pretty good place to park myself after a little bit of browsing. Also, the Nikon focus swayed me.

So I shoot with a D3100 with just the kit lens and my 35mm prime for detail/low light stuff. I have really resisted the urge to spend any more money until I really get the basics right and I try very hard to pay attention to my composition as I believe that a poorly made photo with an expensive camera is just a higher resolution poorly made photo :) Also, since I do not have any flash or lighting equipment I really try to pay attention to lighting and I hope that comes through in my pictures. I may have a couple Yongnuo 560III flashes coming my way so that'll kick off my lighting equipment and I do plan on upgrading to a D600 later this year as I want to move to a full frame sensor.

Anyway, here are a few samples of my latest work for your viewing (dis)pleasure and I hope to learn a lot more on this forum :D

(edited in Lightroom)
10789877915_89b2f8eaf6_z.jpg
10817900016_878ba9711d_z.jpg
10790009774_05dca76b3e_z.jpg
10790701533_c98f8480b4_z.jpg

Attachments

• 10789877915_89b2f8eaf6.jpg
    10789877915_89b2f8eaf6.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 60

ADM5

Welcome..Like the first shot the best...

Thank you.

A friend of mine was driving my car as I leaned out of the rear passenger side window as we drove down an empty highway at about 40 mph (it was about 20 degrees so I was frozen!)

Miika Thoeun

I'm a car girl myself and I really think your work shows quality and craft! Great work!

Hi everyone! My name's Andy and I'm mostly an automotive photographer but I do have the random 'other' picture on my Flickr if you look hard enough. I have not been doing this for too long and I recently just started practicing and honing my skills as an automotive guy. Lucky for me my friends have really cool cars to practice on!

Also, other than the few car forums that I lurk in this is my first photography forum that I've ever joined...it seemed like a pretty good place to park myself after a little bit of browsing. Also, the Nikon focus swayed me.

So I shoot with a D3100 with just the kit lens and my 35mm prime for detail/low light stuff. I have really resisted the urge to spend any more money until I really get the basics right and I try very hard to pay attention to my composition as I believe that a poorly made photo with an expensive camera is just a higher resolution poorly made photo :) Also, since I do not have any flash or lighting equipment I really try to pay attention to lighting and I hope that comes through in my pictures. I may have a couple Yongnuo 560III flashes coming my way so that'll kick off my lighting equipment and I do plan on upgrading to a D600 later this year as I want to move to a full frame sensor.

Anyway, here are a few samples of my latest work for your viewing (dis)pleasure and I hope to learn a lot more on this forum :D

(edited in Lightroom)
View attachment 69761
View attachment 69762
View attachment 69763
View attachment 69764