resizing photos

johnmr12

I bought a D3200 camera with one main objective. I wanted to be able to take my pics to staples and have them enlarged to fit into frames that I own. The first time I went in, the employee told me they couldn't make the picture a 26" X 26" square. So, I went home and figured out how to crop a photo in the camera by changing the aspect ratio. I set the ratio to 1:1 in order to get a square print. When I brought the cropped picture to staples on a thumb drive, they told me the picture was "locked" at a size of 13.5 X13.5 and she was not able to change it. Can anyone tell me how to take a picture so I can have it printed to any size I choose?

Try another place other than staples. They are not really set up to print photos. They are more of an office supply place. If you have a WalMart or many of the drug stores have pretty good photo department now. Try one of them. Also square is not a normal ratio so they might have a problem understanding what you are after. Also you would be better off cropping in your computer other than the camera. You will have better control of the process. Your camera came with a CD with ViewNX2 on it. That will handle most of the processing and cropping you will want to do for now.

480sparky

Just add a plain white 'canvas' to one end of the image until you get an aspect ratio they will accept. Print that, then cut off the excess white part so your image will fit the frame.