problems with recording on my nikon d3200

markryb

Hi guys I need some advice on recording video. The instructions tell me to press the record button to start recording and press again to stop. Although nothing happens when I press the button. No matter which mode im on. Sometimes I have held the record button down and it has started after 5 seconds but will not stop by pressing it again. Am I doing something wrong or should I return the camera

Horoscope Fish

Is your camera in Live View (LV button on the back of the camera) when you press the Record button? I just tried using my girlfriend's D3200 and yeah, all I had to do was put it in LV and press the record button to get things started. If that's not working for you, it may be time to have someone look at your camera, possibly return it if you can.

markryb

Yes i am in live view. Forgot to mention that. It seems to be a problem as i can not find anyone else with the same issue. I love the camera so i will return it for another one.
Thanks for your reply

Horoscope Fish

The 3200 is a real wolf in sheep's clothing and a great choice of camera. That being said, it definitely sounds like yours has a little issue. If you can exchange it easily, that's what I would do.