In case of Emergency... Pole Dance! (SFW)

ZiN

In_case_of_emergency_Nikon.jpg

Hey Nikonites,

Back with another photo to share. I recently had the opportunity to shoot a friend of mine that teaches fitness pole dancing classes here in Toronto. She put on a private exhibition of her talents for me at the studio she works for and it made for some awesome shots. My only regret is I wish that I had that external flash, the later it got in the day the worse the lighting became. Oh well, this won't be the last time I will be shooting with Lin. :eek:

EXIF Data:

ExposureTime : 1/50Sec
FNumber : F1.8
ExposureProgram : Manual
ISOSpeedRatings : 640
MeteringMode : Division
Flash : Not fired
FocalLength : 35.00(mm)
ExposureMode : Manual
WhiteBalance : Auto
FocalLength(35mm) : 52(mm)

Joseph Bautsch

Hey Zin cool shooting. Lets see some more. My suggestion is to ditch the hat and show more of the face. The face and free swinging hair will add a lot to the action and interest of the shot. Using flash will give you a little more depth of field and better stop action. But I still like the natural light.

ZiN

I do have a couple shots without the hat but the hat was part of a theme she was doing with her outfit, so it stayed on surprisingly through most of what she was doing. Also sadly those moves where the hat wouldn't stay on, she was moving too fast for me to capture with the provided lighting. It was pretty dark in that studio, meh.

Pole_work_04_NF.jpg

Pole_work_14_NF.jpg

Browncoat

Great subject matter (pole dancing fitness), great looking model (love the streaked hair). You need to convince her to move a shoot outside of that studio where you can set up a better environment and lighting. Would make for some spectacular promo shots.

Joseph Bautsch

Understood about the hat. She is the customer and if she wants the hat, she gets the hat. Although I do like the two shots without it. You are probable right about the flash. All three shots would benefit from fill lighting. Pole break dancing for fitness has become very popular. It looks to me that with a vertical pole with vertical dance moves a vertical format would make the better composition. Good shots.

ZiN

Anthony: Thanks and yes we'll be looking into taking photos at other locations, the studio she works for apparently is a chain so she teaches at various locations with different setups. Kind of exciting because these shots were a test run or a fun day just for me to get a feel for her dancing.

Joseph: Thanks and yes, the hat was part of the outfit. It was a cute b-girlish theme she was going for since we picked up the hat the day before and she wanted to put it to good use.

ohkphoto: Thank you! :D

When I get a chance I will post some more of the shots up here, so check back for more soon. Cheers!