Anyone have a Facebook page?

I find I'm on facebook so much now (possibly shouldn't be but hey ho)....does anyone have a facebook page where you keep your blog posts and photos etc??? Mine is HERE :D Would love to keep in contact with other nikon users, I feel we're in a minority on FB :( everyone seems to be canon canon canon :(

Ruidoso Bill

Here is mine:

FBlogo.jpg

When uploading pictures I try to drop the resolution down to 72 Dpi, looks on a monitor but stinks if someone wants to steal for printing.

Last edited:

LaurieY

I've had good luck with my fan page. It started off slow but has grown. I get new clients who saw their friends photos on my FB. A few favorites from each session I do sneak peeks for, and then encourage the client to tag themself... it then shows up on their feed, so their family/friends see it! It's free advertising.

I also try to post one image a day, as it keeps my business fresh in their minds (while not being too annoying).

Pixel This! Photography by Laurie | Facebook

ohkphoto

Snow White
I think I'm confused. I've been with facebook for awhile. I don't post many photos, but do post slide shows, videos and links. I do have a business page and it used to be easy to become a fan and access your own page.

Not everybody who posted on this thread has a "like" button on their business page, which I'm assuming is the equivalent of the old "fan" button.
How do I get my business page to show up in posts, and why can't I be a "fan" of my own page? As is, I don't see a lot of benefit in a business sense . . . probably because I'm not using it correctly.

Am hoping someone can straighten be out on facebook's navigation . . . there seems to be a lot of "hidden stuff"!

kayte

I just thinkiing of starting a Facebook thread, lol, earlier today but life got the best of me, lmao. Dang those toddlers! :D

Anyways, here's my personal page
http://www.facebook.com/kmacmaster

I also have a photo page for my photography, trying to get my home-based business running....guess here is where I also state that I'm open to suggestions from those that have run their own photography business can give little ole me some tips and advice. It's always welcome- love to learn what worked for others.

Izagael Photography- Natural Light Candid Photography | Facebook

feel free to friend me- I'm pretty friendly, I'd like to think and won't bite....much, anyways. I've met a lot of my friends this way, just hate that most live so far away!!!

LaurieY

I'm pretty sure you can't fan your own page (you're already a fan). If you've already 'liked' a page the button won't show up anymore. Hope that helps Helene.

Browncoat

Helene:

There are some great articles out there on how to set up a Facebook business page, some are aimed directly at photographers. But yes, Facebook has made another shift recently...they do have a blog where you can read up on those changes.

One thing you (and everyone else for that matter) should realize about Facebook: they make it difficult on purpose. Mark Zuckerberg is a fierce proponent of the free-flow of information. Facebook is designed to show as much info about you personally as legally possible, and makes it hard to locate privacy settings. You also have the option now to completely abandon your personal page and interact w/ Facebook solely as your business. Depending on how you use Facebook, this could be an advantage.

Mike150

I have a facebook account. I rarely use it anymore. Unfortunately I quickly (too quickly) started adding all the friends who started adding me. Most were distant relatives and their kids or those connected through marriage to my son or daughter.
some of these people would post a daily photo (blackberry smartphone) of their Coffee and Bagel. I was getting so much unwanted info I just quit going. I took the stand that if you want to talk to me... CALL! Or Email me.