Weddings..D610 or D800E?

frtorres87

I`ve been assisting with weddings for a while now and I`ve been using my D7100. Though it has been a wonderful camera I feel that i need to go full frame for better low light performance etc. My natural inclination was to get the next best thing to my camera which would be the D610. But then I started looking into the D800E. Should I get the D610 and some good glass(thinking about purchasing the Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8) or should I get the D800E? My main concern is the 4 FPS. I mainly shoot weddings and engagement sessions, sometimes i need more than that. Leaning towards the D610, but the auto focus system doesnt have me convinced. Can you guys share your experiences with it? I have the D7100 and i rarely use the autofocus system, dont think its that reliable. Thanks in advance guys.

ShootRaw

Yep,the auto focus is not as fast as the D7100...I say the 800e..Why do you need to motordrive at a wedding..? If it was sports shooting, I would somewhat understand...

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Edited***
Should I get the D610 and some good glass(thinking about purchasing the Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8) or should I get the D800E? My main concern is the 4 FPS. I mainly shoot weddings and engagement sessions, sometimes i need more than that.

Somehow wedding and higher fps does not match. Just about every weddings that I have attended are slow paced and does not require more than 4 FPS. If you need faster than 4 FPS, then you can use your DX cameras.

I would stick with the D800E but that is just my preference because I like the lay-out better including the spread on AF points, CF card and the other gadgets that I have availble for the 10 pin connection. The D610 is not bad either but I would suggest that you try them out to get a first hand experience in order for you to make an informed decision.