DC Auto Show 2014

SkvLTD

I'd love the 914 if it really works for more than running to the corner and back.

From what I recall, it does, and I've seen it before at father's day car show around here. You charge it like any other electric so it lasts plenty, then brake energy helps recharge it as do the solar panels. It's very spunky all things considered, but I think such an overhaul of any car costs heck more than its worth in a long run.

Gas expenditures and added reliability build up over time whereas fancy mods like that usually need to paid in full, at once.

SamRothstein

Heading to the Chicago show next weekend. Can't wait for it, but I took WAY too many pictures last year so am debating bringing the camera or not this year. Who am i kidding, of course I'll bring it!

SkvLTD

Heading to the Chicago show next weekend. Can't wait for it, but I took WAY too many pictures last year so am debating bringing the camera or not this year. Who am i kidding, of course I'll bring it!

Just think about them more thus take less. For me to put out 300 is a new record because I never end up keeping that many from a given day. And I didn't even go too crazy with the shutter either, maybe 3 shots per car on average, all from a different angle.

SamRothstein

Just think about them more thus take less. For me to put out 300 is a new record because I never end up keeping that many from a given day. And I didn't even go too crazy with the shutter either, maybe 3 shots per car on average, all from a different angle.

That's about what I did, looking back at the pictures I definitely could have edited it down and removed some. I think this year I need to boost my ISO a bit and definitely "think" more.

Here's my "snaps" from last year https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151324736547637.475516.500082636&type=1&l=78c2aa654d

SkvLTD

That's about what I did, looking back at the pictures I definitely could have edited it down and removed some. I think this year I need to boost my ISO a bit and definitely "think" more.

Here's my "snaps" from last year https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151324736547637.475516.500082636&type=1&l=78c2aa654d

Wow, soooo much better than ours was... DC is borderline depressing when it comes to trade shows.

Also, seems we're body and tripod brothers :D

How are you liking the Dolcia?

SamRothstein

Wow, soooo much better than ours was... DC is borderline depressing when it comes to trade shows.

Also, seems we're body and tripod brothers :D

How are you liking the Dolcia?

Great minds....

The Dolica is doing well for me, way better than the $10 Sunpak job I had originally. I haven't had the opportunity to use it too often, but it has been sturdy enough and very easy to use when I have.

They say the Chicago show is the biggest one in the US, but I really have nothing to compare it to. We do get 3 indoor test tracks (ride alongs) and I think there's like 7 manufacturers doing outdoor test drives this year. Friday can't come fast enough!