Yongnuo YN-565EX For D600 ???

John Young

Does anyone know if the Yongnuo YN-565EX will work TTL mode on the hotshoe of the D600 ??

I have looked all over the place and some say yes and some say no and some say nothing. Even looked at the Yongnuo website and it does not mention which camera the flash works with

WayneF

Ahh right.... good review - thank you

and according to that review it does work on the Nikon using TTL but that was on a D300 still no mention of a D600 ?

FWIW, a D300 and a D800.

But ***ANY*** modern digital Nikon camera that is iTTL (and has a conventional hot shoe - I think the Nikon 1 cameras don't). There is no difference in flash compatibility. The Nikon flashes probably don't mention a D600 either, because the camera is newer than the flashes. But if iTTL, it is compatible.

Last edited:

John Young

Thanks a lot.... actually that is interesting about the D800 as I saw a youtube video were a lad had a D800 and the Yongnuo YN-565EX and it would not work. It kept on strobbing all the time and he could not use it but it worked fine on his D5100 - maybe a faulty unit.

I think it was that video and the fact that some adverts did not mention the D600 that got be worried

I am going to order the Yongnuo YN-565EX to go with a new set of Yongnuo YN-622N as my Yongnuo YN-550 is not compatible as off camera TTL with those triggers

Yongnuo YN-622N

WayneF

Thanks a lot.... actually that is interesting about the D800 as I saw a youtube video were a lad had a D800 and the Yongnuo YN-565EX and it would not work. It kept on strobbing all the time and he could not use it but it worked fine on his D5100 - maybe a faulty unit.

I think it was that video and the fact that some adverts did not mention the D600 that got be worried

We see many strange things on the internet. :)

I cannot imagine how one would use a flash with video? I have done stuff like using video to record the Ready LED, timing the recycle time, and the flash hardly even registers, even in one frame.

Nevertheless, I tried it just now, and put the YN565EX on a D800 and shot video. No problem at all. Nothing happens regarding the flash. Video does not trigger the flash. It does not trigger a SB-800 either. Even in FP mode at 1/400 second (that is a joke, but yes, I actually tried it).

I don't know anything about the YN622.

John Young

No sorry mate you have the wrong end of the stick...... the lad made a video of him using the D800 with the Yongnuo YN-565EX

He did not make the video with the D800 and the Yongnuo YN-565EX - he just used the D800 for still photos and the Yongnuo YN-565EX would not work.

I really appreciate you going to all that trouble :D

John Young

John, do you have the triggers already? If not have you seen the new yn-622 tx? Looks like it should make using the system a lot easier.
YONGNUO YN-622N-TX – Flash Controller for NIKON – Now Available! | FLASH HAVOC
I have ordered one to go with my 3 yn-622n triggers.

Just ordered the flash but not the triggers YET - I did see those YN-622 TX but the way I understand it you still need the YN 622's to go with it they just make it easier to control

Is that right.... I think I can control them with my SB700

Lee532

Yes, the yn-622tx will control the other triggers. I will be using it on the hot shoe of my D5100 to control the off camera flashes.

Lee532

So do you have the YN622's ??

If so what do you think of them ?
Very happy with them, great range and no problems with connection. The only pain was trying to alter setting on the off camera flash was due to it being lots of different button pushes hence I ordered the new tx to hopefully simplify things. I have 2 YN-568 ex flashes and now a spare trigger, hmmmmm.

John Young

Very happy with them, great range and no problems with connection. The only pain was trying to alter setting on the off camera flash was due to it being lots of different button pushes hence I ordered the new tx to hopefully simplify things. I have 2 YN-568 ex flashes and now a spare trigger, hmmmmm.

Am I right in thinking you can change the off camera flash (connected with YN 622) using the on camera flash mounted on top of the YN 622 ?

John Young

Also were is the best place to buy the Yongnuo 622n - the offical ebay store is closed until Feb 6 any other shops ?

I can see them on amazon but none are fulfilled by amazon so no warranty - I might as well use ebay

Mfrankfort

I got my 622's on amazon, and 622tx from a link through flashhavoc.com As for the 565 and the D600, I have both, and they work flawless in TTL. I use the commander mode (for now) to control the output and it works perfect. Once the TX arrives, I'll throw the 622's on the flashes (565 and 568) and the TX on the hot shoe and fire away.

Lee532

Also were is the best place to buy the Yongnuo 622n - the offical ebay store is closed until Feb 6 any other shops ?

I can see them on amazon but none are fulfilled by amazon so no warranty - I might as well use ebay

I got my 662n from Amazon UK as well. As Mfrankfort says you can use commander mode on the D600, the D5100 does not have that so the tx for me should make life a lot easier.

John Young

I got my 662n from Amazon UK as well. As Mfrankfort says you can use commander mode on the D600, the D5100 does not have that so the tx for me should make life a lot easier.

Can you post the link please as the only ones I can find on Amazon uk are not fulfilled by Amazon so have no warranty and if that is the case I may as well get them off ebay

Lee532

Can you post the link please as the only ones I can find on Amazon uk are not fulfilled by Amazon so have no warranty and if that is the case I may as well get them off ebay
Looking in to it I got them from a seller on Amazon rather than Amazon themselves.